In order to view the questions and answers you will need to
enable pop-ups within your browser to view the FAQ pages. Each answer will open in it's own window.
In order for find an answer to a particular question either scroll down the
page until you find the question or make a selection from the General Contents
heading. This will take you to a set of questions that are related to that
subject. Once you have located the question simply click it with your
mouse and a separate will open containing the information.
In the case you cannot find the information that you are looking for simply
email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly assist you.
- I have some questions for you that I do not see in this list. How do I contact you to get them answered?
- Are there any types of images that you will not scan or edit?
- Are all my photographs, slides, negatives returned to me upon completion?
- Once you have received my order, how long will it take for you to complete it?
- Do you accept "RUSH" orders?
- What forms of payment to you accept?
- What file formats do you save to other than JPEG or TIFF?
- Do you currently offer a printing service for scanned or edited images?
- How do I decide between TIFF and JPEG formats for my scanned or edited images?
- How do I choose between 8 bit and 16 bit depth for my scanned images?
- For my scanned images, how do I best determine the scanning resolution that will meet my needs?
Photo Editing and Restoration Questions:
- What will I get when I place my order?
- Do you alter the originals in any way?
- My photo's have been damaged over time. They have stains, mold, etc. Can these be repaired?
- Can you add special effects to photo's?
- I want to scan my own photo's. What settings should I use on my scanner?
- Can I get a price quote from Photo Field Imaging without first committing to an order?
- What digital forms do you accept?
- I would like to sample the work in progress on my photo's. Could you send me a sample so that I can preview it?
- Should I mail my prints directly to you or should I upload the scanned version to you?
- How should I properly prepare my photographs, slides and negatives for shipping?
Slide Scanning Questions:
- How should I properly prepare my slides and negatives for shipping and scanning?
- Why is your scanning better than my home scanner?
- What other sizes of slides can you scan?
- For my scanned images, how do I best determine the scanning resolution that will best meet my needs?
Negative Scanning Questions:
- How do I properly prepare my slides and negatives for shipping and scanning?
- What types of negatives do you scan other than 35mm (135 Film)?
DVD Slide Show Questions:
- How long do you display and transition the photo's on the slideshow?
- How many photo's can be used in a slideshow?
- Can customized text be added to a slideshow?
- Who supplies the music for the slideshow?
- What is the maximum number of chapters that you recommend for a slideshow?
- Are there any limitations on main menu and individual chapter titles?